Rara Lake one of the best destinations for trekking in western Nepal .This area is surrounded by Rara National park. It is the largest lake in Nepal surrounded by Rara National Park. The route is well off the beaten track and affords glimpses of culture and scenery very different from other parts of Nepal. The trek offers a dramatic display of clear high altitude lakes mingled with pine, spruce and juniper forests as well as breath taking views of the snow capped Himalayan peaks.
Rara Lake is as deep as 167 meters in some places, and drains into the river Mugu Karnali via Nijar Khola. The Rara National Park is the home of endangered red panda, common langur, and rhesus macaque. Rhododendron, juniper, oak, spruce and Cyprus are the rich vegetations of this area.
Jumla, one of the highest rice- growing areas in Nepal is located on the banks of the Tila Khola at the height of 2370 meters. The most common way to get to Rara is to take a flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla.
Facts of the Trek
Per day walking: 5-6 hours
Duration: 16 days
Trekking type: Tented Camping
Best seasons: March, April May, October, November, February
Maximum height: 3710m
• Explore the Rara National Park
• Visit to the most beautiful Rara Lake
• Snow capped Himalayan peaks
• Visit to the most wandering place, Jumla
• Unique traditional village
• Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu City Tour
Day 03: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
Day 04: Nepalgunj to Jumla (2370m)
Day 05: Jumla to Danphe Langa (3500m)
Day 06: Danphe Lagna to Chautha (2770m)
Day 07: Chauta to Dhotu (2380m)
Day 08: Dhotu to Rara Lake (2980m)
Day 09: Acclimatization in Rara Lake
Day 10: Rara Lake to Gorosingha (3190m)
Day 11: Gorosingha to Sinja (2440m)
Day 12: Sinja to Jaljala Chaur (3270m)
Day 13: Jaljal Chaur to Jumla (2370m)
Day 14: Jumla to Nepalgunj
Day 15: Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
Day 16: Depart for you onward destination.
• Transportation to and from Kathmandu by air or road, as per itinerary.
• 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
• Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
• Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu.
• Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
• Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
• Three Queen City Tour with an Experienced Tour Guide (Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur) depends on your time frame.
• Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
• International airfares
• International Airport Departure Tax.
• Trekking Equipment
• Major meals, Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
• Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
• Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) - you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport - Kathmandu.
• Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
• Tips & Gratuities
(The trip price will vary depending on the group size, duration and services required. Please contact us via our website with your details to obtain a quote.)