Please kindly find the necessary information for the Nepal visa and Kathmandu airport arrival information.
Though visa for Nepal can be obtained upon arrival at the Kathmandu airport, now you can also apply it online to avoid the long queues at the airport. For which please follow this link:
- Please keep your valid passport at hand.
- Ready a recent digital photograph (size: 1.5” x 1.5”) in your removable device to upload your photograph for the application.
- Gather beforehand
- a detailed permanent residence address, and
- Detailed address in Nepal.
- You need to provide telephone numbers—land-line and mobile.
- You need to provide your email address too.
- The submitted application will remain in the system for 15 days. After 15 days, the application will be deleted automatically from the system.
- Once the application is successfully submitted, a receipt will be sent to your email immediately.
- Print the receipt and keep it with you as you need to produce it before the Immigration Authority.
- For your convenience, the deadline to contact the Immigration Authority will be mentioned in the receipt.
- The receipt also mentions about the documents you need to produce before the Immigration Authority.
- Please contact the Immigration Authority within 15 days after the submission of application.
- For example, if you submit your extension application today, and your visa is expiring the next day, on the third day if you visit the Department of Immigration, you will have to pay late fee of that day. In order to prevent this sort of hassle, please submit your extension application on time and get your visa renewed before crossing the expiry date.
- When you contact the Immigration Authority, please make sure you have the receipt and proper documents with you including the necessary fee.
- No on arrival visa for country list – AFG,IRQ,CMR,GHA,SOM,SWZ,PSE,ZWE,NGA,ETH,LBR
If you are planning to apply for the visa upon arrival in Kathmandu then be prepared for long queues. And also keep ready the change of visa fee US$25 for 15 days visa and US$40 for 30 days visa.
– Luggage collection
Please note you might have to wait longer at the airport before you collect your luggage as the system is a bit not updated here in Nepal. Also if your luggage didn’t arrive on the same flight and is due to come in the next flight from your previous transit/destination. Please do not panic, just fill out the missing baggage form at the airport counter and they will give you a copy of the same with all the information/contact numbers. Usually, the airlines bring the missing luggage in their next flight.
– Using a trolley for free
Use of trolleys in the airport area is free for all, please feel free to use them. Avoid any person asking for money which looks as if they are helping you with your luggage by assisting/carrying your luggage in a trolley.
After finishing your visa formalities and collecting your luggage, you will find our airport guide/driver waiting for you at the main arrival gate with our company board or your name printed. Please avoid any other person or anyone who looks as if they are helping you out and later on ask for a tip (money). THEY ARE NOT OUR STAFF.
If you need an address in Nepal on the form, which you can use below:
Name of the place: Breakfree Adventures Pvt. Ltd.
Street Name: Kapan Marg, Maharajgung
Ward no: 3
If you have any problem, you are always welcome to dial at +977 9851014557 (24/7) for any help/information.