It’s essential to choose the right gears for the packing list for Nepal trekking. Don’t forget important things and also don’t bring too much which later you find was unnecessary. Here’s the packing list for hiking in Nepal which also depends upon the area you are trekking into and the month of the trek.
- Trekking Shoes
- ShortsTrekking pants
- T-shirts – Lightweight, quick-drying
- Long-sleeved shirt Fleece
- Rain jacket
- Down jacket
- Backpack e.g. 35 liters capacity)
- Sleeping bag
- Water – 1L bottle should be enough.
- Trekking pole(s)
- Small first-aid kit – Band-Aids, Diamox (for altitude sickness), antiseptic cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet Paper
- Quick-dry towelSoap / Shampoo
- Flashlight / Headlight
- Dust mask – For dusty sections of the trail
- Sleeping bag liner
If you forgot to bring anything, don’t worry you can buy all these in Kathmandu where one can find branded or local brand shops. Buying trekking gear in Kathmandu or renting hiking gear in Kathmandu can also be done.