Everest View Yoga Trek is the one where trekking and yoga goes hand in hand. While trekking in the high altitude Himalayas, yoga comes the topmost priority. In yoga, we have breathing practices, yogic movements and postures which prepare the body and mind in a balance state whilst trekking. Also, yoga practice in the cold fresh Himalayan environment is most rewarding. The Everest View trek itself is one of the most popular treks in the Everest region for its wide ranges of scenic views all along the way and experiencing Mt. Everest up close and personal. In fact trekking in the Everest region is a life time dream of passionate hikers as the quest provides an opportunity to witness Mt. Everest including other Khumbu giants from a close range. It really requires pre-practice and preparation for hiking in such tough landscape. Thus, thru Yoga practices before and whilst trekking, the journey becomes much smoother and less arduous.
In every trekking day, you will have an hour yoga exercises with yogic movements, postures and breathing practices to prepare the body and mind for the day ahead. The trek starts with catching the Trans-Himalayan flight from Kathmandu to the mountain airstrip of Lukla also known as the entry point to Everest base camp trekking. The trek starts from Lukla to Phakding towards Namche bazaar based at an elevation 3,436m, also known as the gateway of the Everest base camp trekking. The trek further enhances towards the Sagarmatha National Park which is the habitat for different varieties of floras and faunas. In every 2 hrs continuous walk, we have exercises stretching and relaxing our body. Practicing this way, the trek will be fun plus a successful adventure. Everest View Yoga Trek allows you to enjoy trek and yoga at the same time in Nepal’s most liked trekking destination, the Everest region.
Outline Trekking Itinerary for Everest View Yoga Trek
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing and trek preparation.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Lukla (flight- 40 min) to Phakding (2652m) 5-6 hours. Evening: Relaxation.
Day 04: Morning Yoga – Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 5-6 hours. Evening: Relaxation.
Day 05: Morning Yoga – Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar, hike to Everest view hotel (3900m) 4-5 hours. Evening: Relaxation.
Day 06: Morning Yoga – Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m) 5-6 hours. Evening: Relaxation.
Day 07: Morning Yoga – Tengboche to Monjo 5-6 hours. Evening: Relaxation.
Day 08: Morning Yoga – Monjo to Lukla 5-6 hours. Evening: Relaxation.
Day 09: Lukla to Kathmandu (flight) 40 min.
Day 10: Transfer to the Airport for your onward destination
- Magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks flying across Nepal’s sky, and excitement level proliferates as the plane cuts through different hills to land on the Kathmandu Valley.
- Sightseeing tour to various historical/natural/cultural heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Exploring ancient traditional Nepali bazaars in Kathmandu, Lukla, and Namche Bazaar
- Terrific Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu flights known for mind-blowing sceneries
- Passing through spouting rivers, green countryside, alpine meadows, valleys, glaciers etc.
- Witnessing Mt. Everest from a close range
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery renowned as one of the famous monasteries in the region situated at a height of 3860m
- Visiting Sir Edmund Hillary School in Khumjung
- Experiencing authentic Hindu and Tibetan-style villages where inhabitants follow different traditional ways of livings
- Witnessing variety of floras and faunas
- Morning and evening yoga sessions during the trek and in Kathmandu.