Ganden Samye Trek is an exhilarating tour combined with trekking that visits the ancient city of Lhasa then hike around Ganden and Samye. The trekking involved is a mild hiking program and also a guided city tour of Lhasa visiting it’s popular monasteries and shrines like Potala palace, Sera & Drepung monasteries, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor market. This trek is suitable for any beginners trekkers, families, or school level students. The places you visit and trek around give you a full insight into the ancient Tibetan art and culture including it’s amazing architecture and traditional crafts. The program begins with a scenic flight over the world’s highest mountain series towards the ancient city of Lhasa. Explore Lhasa with a guided city tour that goes around for three days then drive to Ganden and begin the trek that ends with visiting Samye Monastery then drive to Tsedang, spend two nights to eventually drive to Goggar airport to catch your onward flight back home or to your other planned destination.
Outline Trekking Itinerary for Ganden Samye Trek
Day 01 : Arrive Lhasa
Day 02/03/04 : Lhasa – Sightseeing
Day 05 : Drive to Ganden & trek to Hebu Valley
Day 06 : Hebu Valley – Shogarla pass (Trek)
Day 07 : Shogarla pass – Gambala (Trek)
Day 08 : Gambala – Molong (Trek)
Day 09 : Molong – Samye (Trek) & drive to Tsedang
Day 10 : In Tsedang
Day 11 : Trip concludes & drive to Goggar Airport
- Enjoy guided city tour of the ancient Lhasa city.
- Visit Potala palace, Sera & Drepung monasteries, Jokhang Temple.
- Explore Barkhor Market, the busiest area in Lhasa with great shopping for souvenirs.
- Visit Ganden Monastery, one of the three great monasteries in Tibet.
- Experience easy hiking in the Ganden & Samye monasteries.
- Discover ancient monasteries and shrines
- Witness Tibetan art & architecture with age-old culture & traditions.
Write a Review