The Gokyo Lake Trekking is one of the most favorite trekking destinations in the Everest region for its wide ranges of scenic views all along the ways. Trekking in the Everest region is a life time dream of passionate trekkers as the quest provides an opportunity to witness Mt. Everest from a close range. The trials to the enthralling place are comprised of climbs and descend that traverse lush low land, alpine forests, glaciers, rivers, Buddhist monasteries, temples, and authentic Sherpa Villages. The Gokyo Lake trekking is the ultimate way to explore Goyko, situated at the base of Gokyo Ri, a gorgeous high altitude valley which is loaded with incredible blue lakes close to the base camp of the Cho Oyu (8216m). The routes of the trek are loaded with the panoramic views of majestic mountains adding glitters to the splendid beauty of the region.
The delightful Gokyo Lake Trekking starts with a Trans-Himalayan flight to the mountain airstrip of Lukla also known as the entry point to Everest base camp trekking. The trek starts from Lukla to Phakding towards Namche bazaar based at an elevation 3,436m, also known as the gateway of the Everest base camp trekking. Also during the quest, trekkers can get indulged with the rare sight of alpine lakes, Ngozumpa Glacier- the largest in the Nepal Himalayas beautiful trails, floras-faunas, etc. within a certain geographical boundary. The expedition gets more diverse as it goes past rhododendron forests through small yak grazing settlements before reaching to Gokyo lakes in the Khumbu region. The route is well known for providing views of tremendous ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung (2922m) located in the Khumbu region. After reaching to the Gokyo Lake situated at an altitude of 4800m, trekkers can get enthralled with the impressive sights of natural beauties mingled in such an elevated place. Gokyo Lake Trekking is the dream of every trekking fonder who want to explore the great Himalayas.
Day 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 02 : Kathmandu Sightseeing and trek preparation
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Lukla (flight- 40 min) to Phakding (2652m) 3-4 hours
Day 04 : Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 5-6 hours
Day 05 : Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar, hike to Everest view hotel (3900m) 3-4 hours
Day 06 : Namche Bazaar to Phortse Thanga (3500m) 5-6 hours
Day 07 : Phortse Thanga to Dole (4200m) 5-6 hours
Day 08 : Dole to Machhermo (4410m) 5-6 hours
Day 09 : Machhermo to Gokyo (4750m) 5-6 hours
Day 10 : Acclimatization day in Gokyo
Day 11 : Gokyo to Phortse Thanga 5-6 hours
Day 12 : Phortse to Namche Bazaar 5-6 hours
Day 13 : Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2800m) 5-6 hours
Day 14 : Lukla to Kathmandu (flight) 40 min
Day 15 : Transfer to the Airport for your onward destination
- Witness magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks on the cards while flying across Nepal’s sky, and excitement level proliferates as the plane cuts through different hills to land on the Kathmandu Valley
- Enjoy sightseeing tour to various historical/natural/cultural heritage sites
- Board terrific Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu flight known for mind-blowing sceneries
- Enjoy sight of ancient traditional Nepali bazaars in Kathmandu, Lukla, and Namche Bazaar
- Explore the Sherpa Museum in Namche Bazaar, a busy Sherpa settlement at the altitude of 3440m, also known as the gateway to Mt. Everest
- Pass through gushing rivers, green countryside, alpine meadows, valleys, glaciers etc.
- Explore Gokyo Lake along with other high altitude lakes and glittering icy glaciers.
- Experience authentic Hindu and Tibetan-style villages where inhabitants follow different traditional ways of livings