Celebrate the vibrant and colorful Holi Festival in Kathmandu with this immersive day tour. Explore local neighborhoods, indulge in traditional delicacies, and join a Holi party in Thamel with locals and other travelers. Experience the joy and excitement of this lively festival, and learn about its significance and customs from your expert guide. Book now and capture colorful memories that will last a lifetime.
Holi Festival dates in Nepal:
Holi Festival Date 2023: March 06, 2023 in Kathmandu and March 07, 2023 in Terai Region.
Holi Festival Fate 2024: March 24, 2024 in Kathmandu and March 25, 2024 in Terai Region.
Holi Festival is a popular and vibrant festival celebrated primarily in India and Nepal, but also in other parts of the world with a significant Hindu population. The festival is also known as the “Festival of Colors” or the “Festival of Love”, and is celebrated on the full moon day in the Hindu month of Phalguna, which falls in late February or early March.
Holi is a celebration of the arrival of spring and the triumph of good over evil. It is a time when people come together to forgive and forget, repair broken relationships, and rejoice in the victory of light over darkness. The festival is marked by colorful powder and water play, music, dancing, feasting, and other joyous celebrations.
Holi Festival Tour Kathmandu is a time when people from all walks of life come together to celebrate, regardless of social status, gender, age, or religion. It is a festival that promotes harmony, unity, and brotherhood, and is celebrated with great enthusiasm and zeal in many parts of the world.
Holi is one of the most vibrant festivals in Nepal, celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm across the country. This day tour in Kathmandu is designed to give you an immersive experience of the Holi Festival. Your guide will take you to some of the most popular and unique Holi hotspots in the city, where you can witness the true essence of this colorful festival.
What to Expect: This tour is a perfect blend of cultural exploration and fun-filled activities. You’ll be able to participate in street celebrations in Basantapur Durbar Square, explore local neighborhoods, and enjoy traditional Holi delicacies. You’ll also head to Thamel, the heart of the city’s tourist district, where you’ll participate in a Holi party with locals and other travelers. Along the way, you’ll enjoy festive music and dancing, and take in the lively atmosphere of Kathmandu during the festival.
Highlights of Holi festival Celebration in Nepal:
- Experience the vibrant Holi celebrations in Kathmandu.
- Explore Basantapur Durbar Square and local neighborhoods.
- Indulge in traditional Holi delicacies.
- Participate in a Holi party in Thamel with locals and other travelers.
- Enjoy festive music and dancing.
- Learn about the significance and customs of the Holi Festival from your expert guide.
- Take colorful and memorable photos of your Holi experience.
Itinerary of Holi Festival Tour in Kathmandu:
- Pickup from your hotel in Kathmandu.
- Visit Basantapur Durbar Square to experience the bustling streets filled with lively Holi celebrations.
- Explore local neighborhoods and indulge in traditional Holi delicacies.
- Head to Thamel, the heart of the city’s tourist district, to participate in a Holi party with locals and other travelers.
- Return to your hotel.
Holi Festival Tour in Kathmandu Cost:
No of people Price per person
1 – 1 US$ 115
2 – 2 US$ 65
3 – 5 US$ 55
6 – 9 US$ 50
10 + Please get in touch with us for a group rate.
The following contact methods are available for reaching us:
24hr Hotline: +977 98510 14557 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Guided holi festival tour as per the itinerary
All transfers & tours by a private vehicle.
Professional government licensed tour guide.
Mineral water during the tour.
All government and local taxes, VAT.
Monuments entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold beverages/drinks etc.
Tips & Gratuities
FAQs for Holi Festival Day tour in Kathmandu
- What is Holi Festival? Holi Festival is a popular and vibrant festival celebrated primarily in India and Nepal, but also in other parts of the world with a significant Hindu population. The festival is also known as the “Festival of Colors” or the “Festival of Love”.
- When is Holi Festival celebrated in Kathmandu? The date of Holi Festival varies each year as it is determined by the lunar calendar. In 2023, the main day of the Holi Festival will be celebrated on March 6th, while in 2024 it will be celebrated on March 24th.
- What can I expect from a Holi Festival tour in Kathmandu? A Holi Festival tour in Kathmandu offers an immersive experience of the festival, with a chance to explore local neighborhoods, indulge in traditional delicacies, and join a Holi party in Thamel with locals and other travelers. You can expect to play with colors, dance to traditional music, and enjoy a festive atmosphere.
- What should I wear during the Holi Festival? It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting colored. You can also wear white or light-colored clothes that will make the colors stand out.
- Is it safe to participate in Holi Festival in Kathmandu? Yes, it is generally safe to participate in Holi Festival in Kathmandu. However, it is important to follow the instructions of your guide and use safe, natural colors.
- Can I bring my camera to the Holi Festival? Yes, you can bring your camera to the Holi Festival to capture the colorful moments. However, it is recommended to protect your camera with a waterproof cover.
- What kind of food is served during the Holi Festival? You can expect to indulge in a range of traditional delicacies during the Holi Festival, including sweets like gujiya and laddoo, as well as savory snacks like samosas and pakoras.
- What is the significance of Holi Festival? Holi Festival is a celebration of the arrival of spring and the triumph of good over evil. It is a time when people come together to forgive and forget, repair broken relationships, and rejoice in the victory of light over darkness.
- Can I celebrate Holi Festival with locals in Kathmandu? Yes, joining a Holi Festival tour in Kathmandu offers a great opportunity to celebrate with locals and experience the festival in an authentic way.
- How can I book a Holi Festival tour in Kathmandu? You can book a Holi Festival tour in Kathmandu with us by messaging at WhatsApp or Email or Phone Call to book a tour.