Jomsom Muktinath Pony trek is a different travel experience in the Himalayas of Nepal. The horseback riding trekking is done in the trail from Jomsom to Muktinath and back. Jomsom and Muktinath is part of Mustang region located in the Annapurna Conservation Area. The landscapes around Jomsom and Muktinath are very attractive and horses are used to proceed towards Muktinath from Jomsom. The trail passes through unique Himalayan villages and enjoying a great mountain panorama of peaks like Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges plus others. Muktinath is the pilgrimage site both for Hindus and Buddhists where a temple of Lord Vishnu is located and also a Buddhist Monastery. Nearby are 108 carved spouts where holy waters flow. The program begins after a scenic flight from Pokhara to Jomsom then continues towards Muktinath on a horseback. After attending Muktinath, ride back to Jomsom and again fly back to Pokhara. Jomsom Muktinath Pony Trek is a great combination of exploring the upper Annapurna region and visit the holy temple at Muktinath.
Day 01 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02 : Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day 03 : Transfer to Pokhara by Flight or Surface
Day 04 : Fly to Jomsom & horse riding to Kagbeni (2800m)
Day 05 : Kagbeni to Muktinath (3710m) riding on a horseback
Day 06 : Horse Ride back to Jomsom (2743m)
Day 07 : Fly back to Pokhara
Day 08 : Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 09 : Trip concludes
- View outstanding panorama of the world’s highest peaks as the flight nears the Kathmandu Valley
- Enjoy guided sightseeing tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the Kathmandu City
- Witness great mountain views of Dhaulagiri & Annapurna ranges plus other towering peaks
- Visit the holy temple of Muktinath, pilgrim for both Hindus and Buddhists
- Ride along high Himalayan settlements & deep gorges
- Board scenic flight to/from Jomsom Pokhara
- Discover varied floras and faunas
- Explore local culture and tradition
After landing at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu from your designated destinations, you will be received by a representative of the travel company at the arrival gate who will then transfer you to you allotted hotels. If the time persists, you can either visit the city or relax at the hotel to overcome your jet lag. Overnight at Hotel.
The Kathmandu sightseeing trip will begin in the morning. After breakfast, you will be taken towards Kathmandu Durbar (Palace) Square, one of the heritage sites where you can view many historical and cultural monuments. Later, you will visit another heritage site known as Pashupatinath Temple. This is a sacred Hindu Temple of Lord Shiva named which is always crowded by Hindu pilgrims. After lunch, visit to Buddhist pilgrimage Swoyambhunath (famous by the name of Monkey temple among tourists) will be carried forward. Likewise, Boudhanath Shrine will be covered by the evening. After concluding the sightseeing, there will be seminar for you to attend to discuss about the upcoming trekking plans. Overnight at Hotel.
Early in the morning either fly or drive to Pokhara. Flight will take about 25 minutes and overland 5-6 hours passing along a scenic highway. Upon arrival in Pokhara, check-in hotel. PM: Sightseeing around Pokhara visiting several touristic locations in Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel.
Early in the morning, flight to Jomsom from Pokhara which takes about 20 minutes. It’s a scenic flight getting glimpses of peaks like Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail and others and passing over deep gorges, rhododendron forests. Jomsom is a small town on the foothills of Nilgiri Himal. Upon reaching Jomsom, hire a horse and ride towards dry distinctive landscape of Kagbeni mostly following the river bed of Kali Gandaki River. Check-in mountain lodge at Kagbeni. Overnight at Lodge.
After breakfast, the ride proceeds making a steep climb up the Jhong Khola Valley to Muktinath passing along village of Jharkot. The trail again climbs up after Jharkot crossing Ranipauwa where many teahouses and shops are located. Proceeding up the hill from here will reach Muktinath. Muktinath is a pilgrimage site both for Buddhist and Hindus where holy water from 108 carved spouts flow alongside the temple of Vishnu and a Buddhist monastery. Nearby is a spring and natural gas jets that provides Muktinath’s popular eternal flame. Overnight at Lodge.
Today ride back to Jomsom. Also a great glimpse of Dhaulagiri can be spotted from Muktinath. Upon arrival at Jomsom, check-in lodge. Overnight at Lodge.
Early in the morning, fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom flying between gorge of the two huge mountains, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. Upon arrival in Pokhara, transfer from the airport to your hotel. The day is free to explore around Pokhara, visiting the Fewa Lake and the lakeside area is a good choice. Overnight at Hotel.
After breakfast, drive towards Kathmandu passing along a scenic highway passing along many small towns, tea shops, rivers etc. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, check-in hotel. PM: At leisure/ Free for shopping.
As per your flight timings, you will be escorted by one of the representatives of Breakfree Adventures to the international terminal at the Tribhuvan International Airport approximately three hours before your flight schedule from your hotel in Kathmandu. A day to bid farewell to the glorious country situated in the South Asia. While waiting for your flight, you can make plans to venture other destinations of the majestic country in near future.
What is Included
- Airport pick up/drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu/Pokhara including breakfast.
- Guided Kathmandu/Pokhara city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Necessary permit and monuments entrance fees.
- Transfers by car/van or tourist bus or flight as per the itinerary.
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- One pony with Ponyman for the hiking.
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
What is Not Included
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
- Extra night accommodation if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide.