Kharta Valley & EBC Trek takes you to the Kharta region of Tibet then visits the Everest Base Camp from the Tibetan side and eventually drives to the city of Kathmandu. Kharta region is located east of Mt. Everest and centered on Kharta Valley and Kama Valley. Kharta was first discovered by the 1921 British Mount Everest reconnaissance expedition while inspecting ways to climb Mt. Everest and managed to reach the North Col via the Lhakpa La. Though after that Kharta Valley isn’t in use to approach Mt. Everest but the two valleys are now popular for trekking. After Kharta, the tour further visits the northern base camp of Mt. Base Camp from the Tibetan side and also Rongbuk Monastery closer to the base camp which is the world’s highest monastery. After EBC, it winds along the Tingri plains to Nyalam and eventually proceeds to the Kathmandu city. This trek is ideal for any adventurous travelers and trekking enthusiasts who have a good level of fitness and interest in visiting the remote corners of the world.
Outline Trekking Itinerary for Kharta Valley & EBC Trek
Day 01 : Arrive Lhasa
Day 02/03 : Lhasa – Sightseeing
Day 04 : Drive to Shigatse
Day 05 : Shigatse-Sakya-Shegar/Dingri
Day 06 : Shegar-Kharta
Day 07 : Trek begins
Day 08 : Shao La – Joksum
Day 09 : Trek
Day 10 : Trek
Day 11 : Pethang Ringmo
Day 12 : Khangshung Valley- Base Camp (Optional Hiking)
Day 13 : Raabka Chu
Day 14 : Raabka Chu To Tso Tshurigma
Day 15 : Tsho Tshurigma To Troshay Meadow Camp
Day 16 : Troshay To Kharta
Day 17 : Rongbuk Monastery/Everest Base Camp
Day 18 : Rongbuk Monastery/EBC
Day 19 : Rongbuk – Nyalam (Tingri Plains)
Day 20 : Drive to Kathmandu
- Witness spectacular panorama of the world’s highest mountains series on the flight to Lhasa.
- Enjoy guided city tour of the ancient city of Lhasa.
- Visit Potala palace, Sera & Drepung monasteries, Jokhang Temple.
- Explore the Kharta Valley located east of Mt. Everest.
- Hike to the northern base camp of Mt. Everest.
- Explore Rongbuk Monastery, the highest monastery of the world.
What is Included
- Accommodation on Hotel/Guest House and tent Camp as per the itinerary.
- Transportation by 4WD Land crusier.
- All Sightseeing and entrance fee as per the itinerary.
- All Necessary Travel and Trekking Permit.
- All trekking Equipment in including mattress and tent.
- One Small Supporting Truck to bring logistic support + foods. (Above 03 Pax)
- Yak and Yak man during the Trek to bring Luggage and food.
- Daily Breakfast during stay in Hotel and full board (B/L/D) Basis during stay in Tent Camp.
- Necessary Government taxes and Service charge.
What is Not Included
- Lunch and Dinner during stay in Hotel/Guest House.
- Sleeping bag and Down jacket (Good Quality thick one)
- Laundry,Telephone call and hot water Bottle
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for Guide, Driver and Sherpa Staffs.
- Travel expenses.
- Gyammow Bag (Pressure Bag)
- Medical fee if in case of emergency.
- Hiring porter or Horse.
- Rescue and Evacuation Service
- Any Additional cost due to Natural calamity and Unforeseen Circumstances and etc.
We have a team of highly experienced and professionally trained tour guides who are thoroughly versed in culture and history of each place of the places you will be visiting.
We operate Kharta Valley & EBC Trek with your personal guide and can be organised as per the desired traveling dates.
We use comfortable car/mini-van for the sightseeing tours. For up to 2 people, car is provided and mini-van is for the group 3-10 people.
The trek duration is 19 nights/20 days.
The climate of the Tibet fluctuates continuously so it is better to carry warm clothes. If you just want to trek or tour at a lower altitude, fleece jackets and pants are enough. While for a higher altitude trekking, down jackets are necessary.