Lhasa & Everest Base Camp Trek is an exhilarating and most adventurous tour and trekking program. Explore the ancient capital of Lhasa and trek into the base camp of Mt. Everest. Flight into the city of Lhasa is spectacular witnessing the world’s highest mountain series. The following days will be spent with guided city tours around Lhasa visiting important landmarks like Potala palace, Sera & Drepung monasteries, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor market. Afterward, drive towards Gyantse passing through the turquoise lake ‘Yamdroke’ then follows driving along the Tibetan countryside to Shigatse where visit Tashilhumpu Monastery. Next comes the town of Tingri crossing over Gyatchula pass (5200m) and to Rongbuk Monastery, the world’s highest monastery from where Everest Base Camp is just 4 km away reached either walking or rent a horse cart. The trek is quite challenging with exploring around the base camp and returning back to Rongbuk. The tour ends with driving towards the border town of Tibet and Nepal ‘Zhangmu’ and eventually traces the route to the city of Kathmandu.
Outline Trekking Itinerary for Lhasa Everest Base Camp Trekking
Day 01 : Arrive Lhasa
Day 02 : Lhasa-Gyantse (3990m) 350 kms
Day 03 : Gyantse-Shalu-Shigatse (3860m) 90 kms
Day 04 : Shigatse-Sakya-Shegar/Tingri (4350 m)
Day 05 : Trek from Tingri to EBC
Day 06 : Trek to Lamna La
Day 07 : Trek to Zommug
Day 08 : Trek to Rongbuk
Day 09 : Trek to Everest Base Camp
Day 10 : Dza Rongbuk – Tingri
Day 11 : Tingri-Zhangmu
Day 12 : Zhangmu-Kathmandu
- Witness panoramic view of the world’s highest mountains series onboard flight to Lhasa.
- Enjoy guided city tour of Lhasa.
- Explore Potala palace, Sera & Drepung monasteries, Jokhang Temple.
- Explore ancient monasteries and shrines.
- Hike to the Everest Base Camp from the Tibetan side.
- Witness majestic view of Mt. Everest and rest of the other Himalayan giants.
- Explore Rongbuk Monastery, the highest monastery in the world.
Write a Review